The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit Email Quota Size?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Tyler Jacobson, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Tyler Jacobson

Hey there -

I'm looking to see if there's a way to limit the size of email account quotas to a maximum limit of like 2 GB per account rather than the unlimited quota option that currently exists?

Essentially, I don't want a user to create an email account with an unlimited email quota size through their cPanel.

I apologize if this was asked already. I searched and was unable to find it. Thanks.

2. Cytheria

Cytheria Registered

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Hi Tyler. Did you ever find a way to do this? Cytheria response was regarding the size of an individual email message, rather than the email account quota limit you had asked about.

I too would sincerely love to implement a quota limit in order to keep an account holder from starting a bunch of Unlimited quota accounts, and have their unlimited email accounts fill up the entire server, or their entire account, years later with spam.

So if you came upon a solution for this, I would love to know about it. Thanks.

4. LDHosting

LDHosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is not currently any (easy / supported) way to limit the mailbox size in cPanel. There used to be, but cPanel chose to remove the option.

There are a couple of feature requests regarding mailbox sizes, you might want to add your support to those and hopefully some mailbox size restrictions can be re-added.

Disable unlimited mail quotas
    More control over mail quotas for accounts

#4 LDHosting, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012