Aug 22, 2008
Hey there -

I'm looking to see if there's a way to limit the size of email account quotas to a maximum limit of like 2 GB per account rather than the unlimited quota option that currently exists?

Essentially, I don't want a user to create an email account with an unlimited email quota size through their cPanel.

I apologize if this was asked already. I searched and was unable to find it. Thanks.

jols

Mar 13, 2004
Hey there -

I'm looking to see if there's a way to limit the size of email account quotas to a maximum limit of like 2 GB per account rather than the unlimited quota option that currently exists?

Essentially, I don't want a user to create an email account with an unlimited email quota size through their cPanel.

I apologize if this was asked already. I searched and was unable to find it. Thanks.

Hi Tyler. Did you ever find a way to do this? Cytheria response was regarding the size of an individual email message, rather than the email account quota limit you had asked about.

I too would sincerely love to implement a quota limit in order to keep an account holder from starting a bunch of Unlimited quota accounts, and have their unlimited email accounts fill up the entire server, or their entire account, years later with spam.

So if you came upon a solution for this, I would love to know about it. Thanks.

LDHosting

Jan 19, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is not currently any (easy / supported) way to limit the mailbox size in cPanel. There used to be, but cPanel chose to remove the option.

There are a couple of feature requests regarding mailbox sizes, you might want to add your support to those and hopefully some mailbox size restrictions can be re-added.

Disable unlimited mail quotas
More control over mail quotas for accounts

Last edited: