The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit Exim's concurrent local deliveries?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nothsa, Jun 3, 2005.

1. nothsa

nothsa Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm wanting to limit the maximum number of local deliveries that Exim can perform simultaneously, similar to QMail's "concurrencylocal". Does anyone know what the setting(s) is to do that?

Thanks

#1 nothsa, Jun 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Not of the top of my head, but you can find such things over at the exim site: http://www.exim.org

3. nothsa

nothsa Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jonathan. I probably should have looked there in the first place :p

For those interested, I was wanting a "concurrencylocal" equivalent so that I could keep the load down if I was getting flooded by mail, but it appears that Exim has options to detect the load and queue mail if the load is too high. Here are the options that I used:

deliver_queue_load_max --- When this option is set, a queue run is abandoned if the system load average becomes greater than the value of the option.

queue_only_load --- If the system load average is higher than this value, incoming messages from all sources are queued, and no automatic deliveries are started. If this happens during local or remote SMTP input, all subsequent messages on the same connection are queued. Deliveries will subsequently be performed by queue runner processes.

I set them both to a value of 2

4. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The deliver_queue_load_max default cpanel setting is 3. You should increase the queue_only_load to 4 probably which will enable mail queuing if the load reached higher that the deliver_queue_load_max. Though these settings usually depend on your mail traffic as well as your server load.