The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit number of files in user accounts without CloudLinux?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metro2, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a way to limit the number of files (inodes) that cPanel user accounts can have without switching to CloudLinux?

It would be really nice if this were possible via the WHM > Package feature manager on servers with O/S such as RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 but I'm assuming there's a reason that cPanel can't push this feature into those.

So on the off chance that maybe there's a way to accomplish setting file limits on user accounts either by Package or other criteria, I'd really love to know about it.

Thanks for any feedback!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you cPanelMichael. I checked the link you provided to Guide to Package Extensions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation but I'm afraid I don't quite see how to implement a file limit feature there, so I'm guessing this one is a bit above my pay grade.

I voted for the feature request a long time ago but it looks like there hasn't been much activity on it so I added a comment as well. I'm hoping that maybe others will notice how important it is for shared hosts not using CL to have an easy way to limit the number of files a user can stuff into their shared hosting account.

Thanks!