Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

limit rate while transfer backup into amazon S3

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by dccsi, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dccsi

dccsi Member

On legacy backup I have used s3cmd to remote copy local backup files into s3 buckets and to keep the server in normal load while transferring the files into s3 I have used --limit-rate parameter ( for example limit-rate=5m) and that was solve the high load while transferring the files into S3.

and now in the new Cpanel backup system there ate the ability to copy the backup files to s3 directly without need to use any external app. but the question , is there any way to set the rate limit while transferring backup file to S3?

because in heavy traffic servers if we transfer backup files into S3 in unlimited rate the server will get high load.

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no support for configuring that option as part of the Amazon S3 backup destination. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see that added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.