The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit Reseller max quota per account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tsiedsma, Jan 30, 2014.

1. tsiedsma

tsiedsma Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What is the best way to limit the max quota a reseller can assign to any one account? Obviously I am not talking about their global quota limit.

I want to prevent a Reseller from using their reseller plan to create a single account that maxes out their allotted disk space and bandwidth. I'd like to set a per account size restriction of like 10 or 15gigs.

Do i just need to create a cron script that runs and modifies the quota of any package that doesn't start with "_" and if the quota is over 10000, set it to 10000? Using the API will result in changing all associated account quotas, so that would work but I wonder if there is a better way.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no native features to limit the quota that a reseller can set for accounts beyond the global quota limit. Aside from the workaround you referenced, you can also submit a feature request for this functionality via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

3. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How about "Specify which packages RESELLERUSERNAME can use for account creation."
    in WHM -> Resellers -> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges ?