Limited cPanel accounts

zaher

Jul 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I need to give access to some people to specific functionality of cPanel, let's say only access Logaholic, phpMyAdmin, Email Accounts, or Auto-Replies for a specific cPanel account; does this functionality exist?

Thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

You can assign a specific feature list to the package assigned to their account. Feature lists are created via:

"WHM Home » Packages » Feature Manager"

Thank you.

zaher

Jul 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

You can assign a specific feature list to the package assigned to their account. Feature lists are created via:

"WHM Home » Packages » Feature Manager"

Thank you.
I assume then that I need to create sub-domains to create these sub-accounts with the limited features.

quizknows

Oct 20, 2009
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You should not need subdomains to do this.

Any cPanel account can be assigned a "package" and you use Feature Manager to decide what packages have what features available.

zaher

Jul 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You should not need subdomains to do this.

Any cPanel account can be assigned a "package" and you use Feature Manager to decide what packages have what features available.
I understand, but I need multiples access levels under the same website account.

I.e.
1. I need the main account to have full access
2. I need another user to access to stats only
3. I need a 3rd user to access and be able to access phpMyAdmin only

All these above are related to the same website (account), e.x. site1.com

ThinIce

Apr 27, 2006
Disillusioned in England
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not to be a moaning git or anything ;) but that feature request has been open for a "while" now without any staff response, and the forum thread linked within it was opened in 2008. Back in 2010, it had staff engagement and got to the point where a request was submitted to developers, since then we've all heard very little.

I know this request runs deep from a technical architecture standpoint, but not having heard anything from staff for years and with the pluggable auth framework (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHS3wjayHwE) that was under development having been dropped, everyone is a bit confused. Could a statement please be made on the feature request as to your current thinking on the matter?

zaher

Jul 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator