The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limiting cPanel account's default mailbox.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RyokoX, May 16, 2017.

1. RyokoX

RyokoX Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Everyone,

I'm interested to know if it is possible to limit the filecount/maildirsize of only the default mailbox of a given cPanel account while disregarding the quota set for that account by its Plan Package.

I currently have a cPanel account with 'unlimited' quota, however I would like to limit the default cPanel email account's mailbox, as it tends to get spammed a lot which in turn causes issues with exim when it grows too large.

I am fairly certain it could be possible via custom ACLs in exim's configuration however I wanted to check if someone has not come up with a better/simpler way to do this, or if I am overlooking something.

Thanks upfront for bearing with me.

Regards,
    R.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

The default email account is directly link to the cPanel account and is the username itself, so I don't think it is possible to limit the default email account quota.. However, it could be that you have catch all set in your server that is why the mails are going to this default account that are directed towards your domain..

3. cPanelJasonT

cPanelJasonT Level 2 Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator