Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Limiting emails sent out?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by hydroburn, Aug 15, 2007.

1. hydroburn

hydroburn Member

Hi,

i'm using whm/cPanel on a VPS .. would like to find out how i can limit the number of emails a particular account can send out. please advice. thanks ..

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

There is a limit for the max emails that a domain can send and you can set that limit in WHM > Server Configuration > Tweak Settings.

IIRC, someone at this forums mentioned a way to apply the limit to any specific domain too but that involved some manual work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you edit /var/cpanel/maxemails - search for that here to get some examples, but basically the format of the file is domainname.com NNNN, where NNNN is the new maximum.

I use this and it works a treat. Also CSF has alarms and will catch some sorts of outgoing spam.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...