Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Limiting Redis & Other Information

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by 1geek, May 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 1geek

1geek Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All.

WHM Root Owner.
    LiteSpeed
    CloudLinuxOS
    WHM/Cpanel 7x

I have my server enabled with Redis. I want to disable the use of Redis for lower tiered hosting packages. (It would be centered around using the Redis Wordpress Plugin, since this is installed to be used on larger WooCommerce sites)

I am new to this so any help or information you can point me to, would be extremely helpful. I do pay my provider for managed assistance, so I can get them to impliment anything that I need but I've been blowing up their ticket que with my n00b questions, so I am here looking to try and save them a step if I can. I also need to get hands on experience, so here I am.

I am also open to hear about what I should expect or need to implement to WHM/WHMCS to prevent abuse and harden it. If you were willing to provide any advice or tips, I would be 100% open to that but please, no need to feel obligated.

Excited to be here apart of cPanel and the growing list of web hosting providers.

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cPanel doesn't have built in package support or management of redis, so doing something that would be package based would not be possible.

It is, however, possible to enable authentication in redis such that there has to be a valid password used to connect, so you could only issue the password to the account holders that are permitted to use it.

How to Install and Secure Redis in Centos7 | DigitalOcean

Info there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @1geek,

Welcome to the cPanel community!

You could explore the end-user options available as part of the CloudLinux PHP Selector feature to enable and disable PHP extensions on a per-user basis:

PHP Selector | Documentation

The following document is a good place to start:

Recommended Security Settings - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Feel free to open a separate thread if you have any questions or concerns specific to security.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...