The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limiting Reseller Capabilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thevsp, Nov 20, 2001.

1. thevsp

thevsp Member

With offering reseller capabilities I wish to limit what a reseller can do through WHM where they can service accounts(create, change passwords, install FP extentions, etc) but not give them the capabilities to increase bandwidth limits, storage space or even change a plan for someone with out my knowledge or requirement to check every so often.

In playing with the capabilities, it does not appear that I can limit such modification of space, bandwidth or changing of a plan as it is required for them to be able to create an account in general.

Any way around this while still giving them the capabilities to create accounts as mentioned above on a limited basis?

Thanks Much! ;)

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

If you predefine packages and only allow your resellers to add those, they will not be able to modify disk space, transfer allowances, etc. The only thing they will see when choosing modify account will be the options to change the domain name and the skin (since the username change options isn\'t really a functional option).

3. thevsp

thevsp Member

I do have predefined packages and I do not want to limit the number of accounts they can add - just modifying bandwidth storage, etc outside of a predefined package.

Is there any functionality in WHM that would notify me when an account is modified like it does when an account is created or deleted?

[quote:008310305d]If you predefine packages and only allow your resellers to add those, they will not be able to modify disk space, transfer allowances, etc. The only thing they will see when choosing modify account will be the options to change the domain name and the skin (since the username change options isn\'t really a functional option). [/quote:008310305d]

4. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

That\'s what I\'m referring to. If you only allow them to add those predefined packages they can\'t actually modify anything when they select modify an account. This does not mean limit the number of accounts they can add, just limit them to being able to add only those predefined accounts by setting those predefined packages to unlimited after ticking the \"Limit The Amount of Accounts reseller can create by account type. (unlimited is acceptable)\" option at the top of the edit reseller screen. Test it by creating a reseller, setting the account type limits, creating a dummy account under that reseller with one of the predefined plans, then try to modify that account from the reseller WHM. You\'ll see only a couple of fields available, none of which are the actual specs of the account (disk, xfer).

[Edited on 11/23/01 by Annette]

5. thevsp

thevsp Member

Interesting enough... it appears to be working the way that I would like it do.

[quote:50d61a90e3]That\'s what I\'m referring to. If you only allow them to add those predefined packages they can\'t actually modify anything when they select modify an account. This does not mean limit the number of accounts they can add, just limit them to being able to add only those predefined accounts by setting those predefined packages to unlimited after ticking the \"Limit The Amount of Accounts reseller can create by account type. (unlimited is acceptable)\" option at the top of the edit reseller screen. Test it by creating a reseller, setting the account type limits, creating a dummy account under that reseller with one of the predefined plans, then try to modify that account from the reseller WHM. You\'ll see only a couple of fields available, none of which are the actual specs of the account (disk, xfer).

[/quote:50d61a90e3]