The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link? Getting Index Page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spy187, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Spy187

Spy187 Registered

Hi there, i signed up for free hosting at hostlix.com and so i created my account as a sub-domain djoubert.hostlix.com (and obviously they use cPanel)

Now i uploaded my files (all of em) to the folder "www", how must i now get someone who goes to djoubert.hostlix.com to get to djoubert.hostlix.com/www/index.html

Is there a specific folder in which i should put the files? I have tried public_html but with no success.

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

This should be a support request to hostlix.com as they are your hosting company. These forums are for people like hostlix.com to ask and seek help from other cPanel lisence holders.

Check out this url it also answers your question:
    http://hostlix.com/faq.htm

However here is what I believe you will need to do:

public_html is the root web folder and where all your files and directories that will be for public viewing from a web browser should be uploaded to.

I don't know your directory structure but if there is a folder called something like djoubert in public_html then all files and directories should go in there.
    /public_html/djoubert/<all your files/directories in here>.

:)

#2 Izzee, Dec 28, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2005