Link to file with addondomain URL?

nio

Registered
Dec 10, 2018
Malaysia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to make a public PDF file so that everyone have access to it, already place it within "public_html" folder but the only issues was:

-Google docs viewer can't show a preview of that file so I can't embed it anywhere.
-Need the URL to be "myaddondomain.com/file/xxx.pdf" instead of "mydomain.com/file/xxx.pdf"

Would really appreciate it if you guys can help me. =)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @nio

For this issue:
-Google docs viewer can't show a preview of that file so I can't embed it anywhere.
I don't believe this actually has anything to do with the server but more an issue with Google Docs as exampled here: Google Groups

-Need the URL to be "myaddondomain.com/file/xxx.pdf" instead of "mydomain.com/file/xxx.pdf"
For this issue, in order for it to show up under the addon domain, you need to put it in the addon domain's document root which can be identified by going to cPanel>>Domains>>Addon Domains

Thanks!

nio

Registered
Dec 10, 2018
Malaysia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
For this issue, in order for it to show up under the addon domain, you need to put it in the addon domain's document root which can be identified by going to cPanel>>Domains>>Addon Domains
Already placed the pdf file in Public > Domain > myaddondomain.com > file.
Then I tried this URL "myaddondomain.com/file/xxx.pdf" but nothing came up.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!