The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linking an account to a home folder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vbtweb, Jun 5, 2009.

1. vbtweb

vbtweb Member

When I create an account cpanel automatically makes a folder in home named after the user, that becomes that users folder for domain contents.

I changed the IP of one domain so that I could give it a good SSL cert. Now when I go to the website (it's been several weeks) the website simply says (IT WORKS), as if it's empty. If I FTP to it, everything is there, and if I access it by ip/~username it comes up fine. Somewhere what points that user to it's correct folder must have gotten corrupted.

Where can I look at these associations and verify and/or fix the association.

Thanks

2. damianz

damianz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Did you check it not from your pc/clear your dns cache. Try pinging the domain and if it resolves to the shared ip that is the issue. Just clear your cache and try again. There may be an issue you can check the vhosts in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf but everything should be ok.

3. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

Check whether the domain is pinging to same IP on which it is configured in the Apache configuration file (usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf)

If there is a mismatch then correct it accordingly . If everything looks fine then , as suggested by damianz , clearing the cache should resolve the issue.