The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linking my form to my database

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASTERICKS, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ASTERICKS

ASTERICKS Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Everyone!

Please I have a site that should use a form and also have a Sign up, sign in page. Can I like this form to MySQL Database in my cPanel?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sure I would think you could. I can't assist with the script, but can point you to where you'll create the database:

cPanel > MySQL Databases.

In here, at top you see the Create New Database section. Put in a name for it there.

Further down, Find Add New User, type in a name, give him a password and click Create User.

Down below that, you see Add User to Database, select the User you just created, then below select the Database you just created and click Add.

Make note of the results page when you do this. Those details shown will be needed for your script.

3. ASTERICKS

ASTERICKS Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks a lot! my major challenge though is to be able to link my online forms to the cPanel database so that data collected by the form can be viewed, managed.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    There should be a configuration section or file for the form where you'll add the database details. When you open the form in your browser it should be connected to your database. You might want to investigate the forms support site if possible for more help with it.