The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linking my Website to WHM/cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flinchy, Oct 9, 2010.

1. flinchy

flinchy Registered

Hi, I posted here a while back asking how I would display packages I created on my website to purchase but I didn't get any replies.

Ive been search and still can't find the answer so I will change my question.

Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to link PHP to my cPanel/WHM? So that on my website users can login and update their NameServers etc, change account settings, purchase domains and edit packages and it will do it automatically for them?

Any help is appreciated, note I have not bought the cPanel/WHM hosting yet, I am wanting to get the website as near to completion as possible before purchasing anything extra to save money as I don't have much left at the minute.

Thank You

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'll find this list helpful I would think:
    http://cpanel.net/application-catalog/
    What you're after there is the Billing Automation section.

cPanel does not actually offer a way to link to packages you've created the way some software such as WHMCS does.

HTH

3. flinchy

flinchy Registered

ahh right thanks for the list :)

I found a link for a php script which you send the values of a form that a customer will found out to after they paid and it creates the link automatically for http://mywhmusr:pass@mydomain.com:p...omain?domain=domainusrselect&usr=theirusrname etc etc so I have that milestone covered now.

I would like to code the website myself instead of purchasing a Billing System. Im thinking of downloading the free trials or some cr4cked versions from "Google Searches" to look at the code (not to actually use - just find out the parameters and variables etc to write my own scripts) but I was unsure of the legalities.

There were 3 things I wanted to acheive before buying the WHM/cPanel:
    -Auto reg for clients on purchase
    -Customer area on my site (if not ill just give them the cPanel - probably best)
    -Sell domains on my site automatically

Ive done the first one now, ill probably use cPanel for my clients, and I can sell domains in a package if i purchased the domain on behalf of the client and then changed the ns to match the one on my hosting. I was just trying to find more info for the automation side of things for me to write a complete script.

Thanks for the link though - highly appreciated :)

4. westedge

westedge Registered

that link doesn't work for me!

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Fixed. Try this one: Application Catalog