The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Links to competitors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hst, Mar 5, 2004.

1. hst

hst Well-Known Member

I uploaded the new 9.x version to one of my servers to find that the reference section went to sites with competators adds placed on their pages. Can just this section somehow be removed from the new version without to much trouble. Its really not that much help and probably was a bad feature to include unless your getting paid big bucks to put it in.

2. hst

hst Well-Known Member

cPanel 9.0.0-R44

The version is cPanel 9.0.0-R44

I loaded it to my test server before installing it on the production servers. You click on the links in the section I was talking about and every site you go to has a banner add for some hosting company on their front page. It will be the first thing my clients see when they look for help.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As thaphantom asked, where do you see this? I've scoured WHM and cPanel and don't see what you're talking about. If you can give us a bit more detail on where you see this, it would help.

4. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Re: cPanel 9.0.0-R44

You sound like one of my customers seeking support -- not enough info provided for me to help you. How about some details about where this is?

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I want to know here you are seeing this as well!!! Please tell us!!

6. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is, he may be talking about the addons. The sites of some of those addons (like invisionboard and php-nuke) regularly display web hosting ads.

In fact, a link at the bottom of invisionboard takes you straight to their web hosting service, invisionpower. By their licence, you are only allowed to use the board for free if you agree to publish their hosting link.