The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys Router (moved)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by build18er, Apr 18, 2005.

1. build18er

build18er Member

Linksys Router

I have a linksys router connected to my modem. i have 1 static ip address comming in. i have my public ip, and my privet, 192.168.2.23, how can i setup cpanel/whm so that everything works, i can do dmz, and port fowarding. is there a way to make my server into a router with cpanel running on it?

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Use port forwarding to the LAN IP that the server is assigned. This LAN IP should be the only IP that cPanel will use/see, unless you add another NIC. Just curious, why would you use cPanel for such a limited system?

3. build18er

build18er Member

linksys

i have the server in my house, and i am using it to start a business. i am thinking of turning it into the router, and then routing the internet through it, so that it has the public ip address

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Still, over DSL you won't end up doing much. After a few people connect it will be dog slow. No offense and I don't know what type of business you are intending, but you have to look at a lot more than just having a server in your house if you hope to make anything from it.