Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

List accounts error - A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by racporto, May 8, 2017.

1. racporto

racporto Member

Hello, I'm having this error in WHM, when trying to list the server's accounts or when I try to modify passwords.

The error_log has some entries like the one, bellow:
    Code:
    Cpanel::Exception::TempFileCreateError/(XID 44kj82) The system failed to create the temporary file “/var/cpanel/passtokens/1494262553.token.Q3Y5eVwG” because of an error: Input/output error
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 77.
       Cpanel::Exception::create("TempFileCreateError", HASH(0x5a0e820)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 30
       Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, HASH(0x5a0e820)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Rand.pm line 96
       Cpanel::Rand::get_tmp_file_by_name(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Passwd.pm line 72
       Whostmgr::Passwd::generate_token() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 2155
       main::passwdlist called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr.pl line 765
    [2017-05-08 13:55:53 -0300] warn [cpsrvd] The subprocess (whostmgr (whostmgr)) exited with an error: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 156.
       Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::_report_subprocess_errors(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x3a160b8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 71
       Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::handler(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x3a160b8), "subprocess_name", "whostmgr (whostmgr)", "subprocess_read_handle", IO::Handle=GLOB(0x3a16b00), "subprocess_write_handle", IO::Handle=GLOB(0x3a16518), "api_type", "html", ...) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6459
       cpanel::cpsrvd::cpHandler("app", "whostmgr", "json", 0, "document", "./scripts/passwdlist") called at cpsrvd.pl line 5668
       cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc_whostmgrd() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1594
       cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc(HASH(0x13a1ec0)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1352
       cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection() called at cpsrvd.pl line 844
       cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 320

I looked in /var/cpanel and the folder passtokens/ has the user:group settings as root():root() - no zero inside the parenthesis - and the permissions as 000.

I've tried to change that via SSH, with no success. Any help will be highly appreciated.;)

Regards,
    Ricardo

#1 racporto, May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

This suggests a corrupted filesystem. Do you notice any output to /var/log/dmesg or /var/log/messages when this happens? Also, can you manually create a new file in the /var/ partition on the system (e.g. touch /var/cptest123)?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. racporto

racporto Member

Hello, Michael, thank you for your answer.

Yes, I can touch at /var/

I looked more closely into /var/cpanel/ and the file dynamicui_grouporder has the same problem, and both files have a timestamp of 31-Dec-1969 21:00:00, but all other files look normal.

Cheers

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system to see what's happening.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. racporto

racporto Member

Thanks, Michael, I've just opened ticket # 8457841.

6. voidzero

voidzero Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like your system needs to be checked for disk / file system corruption.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

To update, it looks like this was the result of a corrupted filesystem.

Thank you.