The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Listed cpHulk IPs that cannot be found in the DB

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Ruan, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Ruan

Ruan Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have written a script that accepts an IP as an argument and then queries that IP against three cphulkd tables: logins, brutes and blacklist, to see if the IP is listed. It works very well, for the most part.

However, I am experiencing an issue where the WHM interface of cpHulk shows some IP addresses in the Failed Logins History Report that cannot be found in any of those three tables, which is quite confusing as no other tables seem to have an IP field.

I know this is a very open query, but I would like to understand a bit more about where cPanel gets the data it displays. What source am I a missing in my script? I see there is a table known_netblocks, that seems to specify IP ranges, but in the varbinary format. Could this be a factor?

I hope this is the correct part of the forum to post this query in, and thank you in advance for any replies :).

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Here's a snippet from some internal documentation that you may find helpful:

Thank you.