shazi

May 16, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
LiteSpeed servers are more secure and fast than the obsolete models.
litespeed server or litespeed plugin or both are same ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, LiteSpeed should help to increase the site speed.
hosting provider gave me two option one is dedicated hosting which will cost 130$ per month and other is litespeed of cost 25$ per month , do you think this litespeed can compete to dedicated server ?

Veeble-Adam

May 7, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Litespeed is an efficient web server having very less memory footprint. If the memory usage of Apache processes is high, and the problem is due to dynamic contents, you can go for LiteSpeed server. When you use it, it is better to use the LiteSpeed API for php. It's performance is almost double of that of Apache server.

Could you please let me know the approximate average number of connections to your webserver now? and what kind of contents do you have in the website?

faisikhan

Dec 12, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Shazi, are you running any databases or php scripts. As for as website/forum speed is concerned, the optimization of MySQL (my.cnf) and PHP (php.ini) with other php scripts plays a very important part. You'll be able to find so many tips on google to optimize these.

shazi

May 16, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Shazi, are you running any databases or php scripts. As for as website/forum speed is concerned, the optimization of MySQL (my.cnf) and PHP (php.ini) with other php scripts plays a very important part. You'll be able to find so many tips on google to optimize these.
thanks for your reply

yes its a vbulletin forum ... i have checked many threads in this forum and made changes in my.cnf as well as in php.ini but now luck problem is still there ....

storminternet

Nov 2, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you also checked the option website optimization in your cPanel ? It will just enable gzip compression for your site which in turn improve your website speed and performance.

Secondly mysql database of vb forum can lower down the speed of your website. You may also try to repair the mysql database from your cPanel. If there is any corrupt table then repairing database will correct it and will update the indexes for character columns that use the collation. This should certainly improve your site performance.

shazi

May 16, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Have you also checked the option website optimization in your cPanel ? It will just enable gzip compression for your site which in turn improve your website speed and performance.

Secondly mysql database of vb forum can lower down the speed of your website. You may also try to repair the mysql database from your cPanel. If there is any corrupt table then repairing database will correct it and will update the indexes for character columns that use the collation. This should certainly improve your site performance.
thanks for providing useful information , actually gzip already enabled in vbulletin inside . yes repairing the tables are really good idea let me try . thanks

I've moved this thread over to the Optimization forum for you. You will likely get better feedback here, compared to the New Users forum.

Thank you.
thanks admin

shazi

May 16, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
shazi, you should take a look at UNIXY's Varnish plugin. It will reduce load considerably and increase speed. Here's the link: UNIXy.Net cPanel and DirectAdmin Varnish Script Plugin .

They also a Varnish + Nginx version, I'm still not sure which one is better as I'm testing both. But any one of them will help in your problem.

All the best to you.
thanks for assistance , yes its one another option you pointed , although i have tried nginx but its was not helpful in my said scenario . anyway thanks