Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Litespeed Benefits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surjo Vai, May 3, 2019.

1. Surjo Vai

Surjo Vai Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am start using litespeed webserver and i got really a great speed.I will suggest everyone to use litespeed webserver in your cpanel server.

But my question what litespeed actually do for make server load speed so much fast.
    Sorry for bad english...

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LucasRolff

LucasRolff Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @Surjo Vai ,

There are a few things that make LiteSpeed performant and resource friendly - first of all, it's built on an event-driven architecture which generally tends to be a lot more efficient in connection handling and thus allowing handling huge amount of connections without actually using a ton of resources.

The mod_security engine is written in such a way that rules ain't applied to static files where other implementations such as in Apache will apply your ruleset to every single request, and thus having to check whether a given request matches any of the rules or not.

Most servers will have a quite huge percentage of the requests on the server being static files, so if you can avoid evaluating any rules for all these requests, you might trigger mod_security rules *a lot* less than if you do everything. It's not unlikely that up to 90% of the requests towards a given web server is static files, so you're effectively saving resources this way.

Other things that help performance is an optimized SSL and HTTP2 + QUIC engine that allows for higher throughput - it really all boils down to optimizing the code within the web server, and writing it as efficient as you can, something the developers of LiteSpeed are dedicated to.

You also get other benefits such as the beforementioned QUIC, TLSv1.3, and LSCache.

Now, we should not forget that the applications running on the web server also are responsible for the performance and resource usage - but that's another topic anyway.

cPanelLauren likes this.