The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Litespeed Script Handler Errors after Removing PHP 5.4 and 5.5 in EasyApache4

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by linux4me2, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. linux4me2

linux4me2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm running WHM 58 build 13 on a CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 virtuozzo host running Litespeed 5.0.19. I only use PHP 5.6 and 7, so I deselected PHP 5.4 and 5.5 in EA4 and rebuilt the profile, then restarted Litespeed for good measure. I also ran the following command to make sure the PHP 5.4 and 5.5 packages were completely removed:
    Code:
    yum remove ea-php54* ea-php55*
    I didn't see the PHP 5.4 and 5.5 selections in the drop-downs on the MultiPHP pages anymore, but I was seeing the following in the error_log:
    On Litespeed's site, I found a description of the steps involved in manually upgrading EA3 to EA4, and it looks like part of the problem was that I still had the script handlers for PHP 5.4 and 5.5 installed in Litespeed Configuration -> Server -> Script Handler. I deleted both of them, and restarted Litespeed. Now the errors I get are:
    Is there somewhere else I need to remove the references to PHP 5.4 and 5.5 in order to prevent these errors?

2. vacancy

vacancy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After you remove the yum package, you need to delete the admin panel LiteSpeed php54 and php55 line from the external app and script handler of the script, after LiteSpeed restart.

3. linux4me2

linux4me2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks vacancy! That was it. I had removed them from the Script Handler tab, but not the External App tab. I removed PHP 5.4 and 5.5 from the External App tab, restarted Litespeed, and no more errors.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator