The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Load Balancing Solutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarhosting, Nov 1, 2007.

1. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hey all,

I know cPanel doesnt support Load Balancing. However, we desperatly need a solution. What i'd like is if one servers load starts to get high, then the 2nd to kick in and help out.

Id also like the same nameservers for both servers - they are both in the same DataCentre & in the same rack - any suggestions/hints/advice/open source software.

Ta muchly!

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You can't get good load balancing solution without DC intervention so you should contact to your DC and ask quote. It is may be a software load balancer or hardware but anyway it require not only two your server but also another server fotr use it as balancer...

3. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a fail-over solution that works ok with cPanel/MySQL and so far i haven't found anything reliable.

A load balancing solution requires a third system, it could be a small VPS, a dedicated host or most probably a dedicated switch device by Cisco or others. The switch monitors traffic and the load on both servers and redirects traffic as required.

As rustelekom said above, only your data center can help you.

4. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This is good news, thanks for the help. We have now however found a solution- we are in the middle of setting up a third server to the cluster and we will be doing either a hardware Load Balance or a DNS Round Robin.

We'd never ever use a VPS Just not enough power - All of our servers are co-located :)

Thanks.