The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loader to use for internal cPanel PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, Feb 1, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what this means and how to go about deciding which option to use? I have it set to none right now, but there are two other options - IonCube and SourceGardian. I don't understand how it is that you can either use or not use decoding (wouldn't it either be encoded or not?)? Found nothing of use on Google. Thanks.

David

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

They're both PHP encoding/decoding products. For example, if you have the 3rd party application Fantastico installed on your server you would need to select SourceGuardian as that is what they use to encode their PHP application with. If you don't run any such apps within the cPanel front-end then you can leave it disabled.

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Well that makes perfect sense - I was having a bit of a mental block yesterday :eek:. I kept thinking this applied to cPanel itself, and not apps run within it. At least the answer is here now for the next person. Thanks.

David