The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Installation Mirror

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gushi, Nov 3, 2004.

1. gushi

gushi Member

We are trying to speed up cpanel installs by creating a yum mirror on the local network. Is there a way to specify the use of such a mirror for cpanel scripts?

What would I need to mirror? All of CPAN?

Any info is appreciated.

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

You cannot mirror cpanel files

3. earlmred

earlmred Registered

Great, thanks.

I'm glad we've got a system in place that takes fifteen minutes to install the OS and another HOUR (when it works and doesn't hang up in the middle of the perl build) to install the add-on control panel.

With that in mind, do you have any tips to speed up the install? We have a local redhat mirror, as well as a local freshrpms mirror and a local yum mirror. I know most of cpanel uses CPAN, but is there any way to have the install script take advantage of ANY of these local mirrors?

We deploy tens, if not hundreds of cpanel machines each month. Perhaps some consideration for making life easier for the service provider is in order?

Or should we just push Plesk, which gives us these options and FAR fewer headaches?