The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local mail server with auto mail schedule

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by neo4242002, Oct 13, 2005.

1. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

I am not sure whether this is the best place to talk about this problem. Well I have a local network with one dial up account and mail account, how do I give separate email account for my local network user and how do I automatically download internet email to my local mail server-using dial up account.

I have a windows PC and not sure what mail server or anything need to installed? Can some one give me a directing?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I don't really see the relevance to cPanel, unless you mean that you want to retrieve your email from the cPanel server to your own server. If so, there're a couple of choices, the simplest with a dial-up is to use a POP3 agent to collect the email from the cPanel POP3 account and have it delivered locally, you'll have to do some web searching for that.

3. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

you are right chirpy, I have a dedicated server with cPanel... but my local server is windows.. can you hint me some search strings