The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

local php.ini issue

Discussion in 'Security' started by madpato, Apr 16, 2012.

1. madpato

madpato Active Member

Hello

I have suphp on my cpanel servers and turns out that i am getting a strange behavior whenever i use a local php.ini on a customers account, turns out that - for example - i have in my main php.ini allow_url_fopen as On but if i put the same directive on the local php.ini as off it doesnt work...

So what i belive is that i might have a misconfiguration about this, any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Did you check it with a phpinfo() page? If so, what was the "loaded configuration" showing - your local php.ini or global; please verify it. Also make sure that you have copied the entire php.ini to local folder and customize variable you need on it - SuPHP need the full php.ini file, not just the directives you need to change. Also be aware that, php.ini work only for the folder is resides; it won't affect its subsequent folders. ( Check at Some techie thoughts » Custom php.ini in cpaenl – SuPHP ).

Thank you,
    Nibin.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Also, the ownership of LOCAL php.ini file (which you have copied to user account) should be having username:username and NOT root:root

4. madpato

madpato Active Member

Thank you i will check that, and about the user, they are not created with root user.

Thanks for your kind replies.