The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

localhost for MySQL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netlook, Jul 6, 2004.

1. netlook

netlook Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

One of my clients, who bought an account (www, email, mysql - standard cPanel account) from me, makes problems for me.

To days after he wrote me, that he wants to connect with the mysql database on his account from his local computer, not only by localhost on the serv/cPanel.

After that I wrote to him, that this is prohibited. He wrote me, that I cheated him and he will go to curt because I didn't wrote on my site that he cannot connect to mysql from local computer. Is there any to worry? Can I write him, that connecting from other hosts is bad for all server? Can I do something to protect myself if he tells, that if I don't wrote this I cheated him?

Regards

#1 netlook, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

You do not say what country your business, server or client are located in. Generally speaking, in the US, anyone can take anyone to court for any reason. :(

If remote access to MySQL services was essential to this user, then they should have confirmed this service prior to establishing service. Although remote access to MySQL services are possible, I would not say that this type of access is to be expected.

I do not know what type of service agreement or AUP you maintain with your customers.

In order to avoid additional trouble and expenses, I would issue this customer a prorated refund (including the current billing period) of all hosting fees and end my relationship with them. I do not have the time or desire to deal with customers that would even hint at taking legal action against my company.