Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

location of panel/whm default 404 error page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whmcpuser, Apr 21, 2012.

1. whmcpuser

whmcpuser Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Where can I find and edit the whm/cpanel's default 404 as seen below (or other whm's error pages)?

404.jpg

The reason is that this page exposes the VPS's admin email that I want not to be seen.

I don't have a ssl certificate so I tested to see what happens when I request port 443, this error page comes up when I tested the error pages by typing in www.mydomain.com:443/test.html (with or without the http://)

If I type in https://www.mydomain.com/test.html, then a normal/white SSL connection Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error page.

This page will display when the user affix the :443 port to the domain regardless of whether a custom 404 page is set up in cpanel.

TIA

#1 whmcpuser, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. whmcpuser

whmcpuser Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Nevermind, found it by doing a text search

grep -r "Please forward" /usr/local

The file is found under

/usr/local/apache/htdocs/ directory

edit the file cp_errordocument.shtml (make backup first if you want: cp cp_errordocument.shtml cp_errordocument.shtml.bak)

sarhosting likes this.