The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Location of scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gardener, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Gardener

Gardener Member

Where are the scripts, such as XMB, that can be installed through the control panel located?

2. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty

3. Gardener

Gardener Member

Thanks for the location. I went there, but reaally didn't find what I thought I would. I'm looking for the installer for XMB to see how it is done. I was hoping that by looking at that I could come up with a way to use a different forum.

Anyone know where this would be located?

4. SHSaeed

XMB on our server is located where I told you..

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/xmb.tar.gz

5. Gardener

Gardener Member

[quote:608a65d6bb][i:608a65d6bb]Originally posted by (SH)Saeed[/i:608a65d6bb]

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/xmb.tar.gz[/quote:608a65d6bb]

Yes, it is on mine also, and I looked at it. What I am looking for now is the actual script that is called when a Cpanel user installs XMB. I'm trying to see how Cpanel does this to see if I can convert this to install another BBS.

6. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:cae7b0ad43][i:cae7b0ad43]Originally posted by Gardener[/i:cae7b0ad43]

[quote:cae7b0ad43][i:cae7b0ad43]Originally posted by (SH)Saeed[/i:cae7b0ad43]

/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/xmb.tar.gz[/quote:cae7b0ad43]

Yes, it is on mine also, and I looked at it. What I am looking for now is the actual script that is called when a Cpanel user installs XMB. I'm trying to see how Cpanel does this to see if I can convert this to install another BBS.[/quote:cae7b0ad43]
    Create your own theme and call your own script, it’s easier than modifying cpanel, however cpanel usually updates and rewrite your modifications

7. SHSaeed

[quote:3b66a62d25][i:3b66a62d25]Originally posted by Gardener[/i:3b66a62d25]
    Yes, it is on mine also, and I looked at it. What I am looking for now is the actual script that is called when a Cpanel user installs XMB. I'm trying to see how Cpanel does this to see if I can convert this to install another BBS.[/quote:3b66a62d25]

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood.

8. Redman

Redman Member

Sorry about the new username. I lost my pass and the board would not send me a new pass.

Let me try to explain what I am trying to do. In Cpanel there is a button that you can click on that will install XMB on your account. XMB is installed from a script called &installboard& called from installxmb.html. I need to find the script &installboard&, make a copy of it, and see if I can modify that copy to install another board.