The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Locked out of whm] Peer's Certificate has been revoked Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wired420, Jul 17, 2010.

1. wired420

wired420 Active Member

Peer's Certificate has been revoked.

Ok. I re-keyed my SSL Cert and hadn't removed it from all servers yet. Had left it on one. I get this error every time I try to login to https://www.cpaneldomain.com:2087.

Now normally I would just goto http://www.cpaneldomain.com:2086 -- But ConfigServer Firewall decided to tell me that it would be good to require SSL on All interfaces. Being the big dummy and noob I am I nodded and agreed. It probably is much more secure but I didn't think of an issue like this when I did it.

I've fixed my normal apache certs by installing them manually. But I can't seem to figure out where cpanel stores its links to the cert files. So all my customers sites are running. cPanel is just brokedidid.

How can I go about manually turning Require SSL On All Interfaces off from Tweak Settings?

CentOS 5, cPanel 11-RELEASE

2. wired420

wired420 Active Member

Solution Found: To my own problem

So I went to cPanel on another server. Went to the Tweak Settings Page and right clicked and viewed frame source.

I found the following:
    Code:
    <tr id="requiressl_container" class="tdshade2_noborder"><td width="99%">  Require SSL for all remote logins to cPanel, WHM and Webmail.  This setting is recommended.</td><td style="text-align:center;" align="center"><input onClick="checktweaks(this);"  id="requiressl" type="checkbox" name="requiressl" value="1"  /></td></tr> 

So I searched for a cpanel config and came up with the file name cpanel.config

locate cpanel config

Mine was located in /var/cpanel/cpanel.config

Opened it with an editor. Changed requiressl from 1 to 0.

service cpanel restart

Fixed. Was able to login on non secure port.

Not sure that anyone will ever have this problem again, but heres the fix if you do.

3. fkatzenb

fkatzenb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just happened to me and thanks!