The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locked OUT! :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avio, Jan 23, 2004.

1. avio

avio Well-Known Member

I've been locked out of my servers SSH due to APF, I was configuring it and I started it, I was doing so fine until my ISP just disconnected on its own (happens sometimes, just my luck...) and I was left without adding my IP to the safe list or turn on DEVM :(

Now I'm locked out, I was wondering if anyone can help me unlock myself :confused:

APF Firewall is great but right now I'm having big troubles.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 36275

#1 avio, Jan 23, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  2. Angel78

Angel78 Well-Known Member

you'll have to ask your provider (DC) to disable apf. was your DEVM set to 1 or 0 ? maybe it will shut itself if you are still in the DEVM mode.

3. avio

avio Well-Known Member

Is there no other way?

No one on the server can send Emails either because of it :(

APF was turned off.. but I don't know why it turned it self back on -_-

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 36275

4. Angel78

Angel78 Well-Known Member

well if you can't ssh in then there is no way you can do this without help from DC.

And I dont think that ticket to cpanel will solve troubles as APF is not part of cpanel software.

Contact your DC

5. Gliebster

Gliebster Active Member

If you don't have APF starting at boot and you still have WHM access (2086, 2087), you can reboot the server.

6. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Yep, only way your getting back in is either through a safe IP ( in the allow_hosts.rules ) or via your DC stopping apf, just tell them to log in and issue service apf stop ( might have to disable the antidos cron if thats running i think ).

Also, next time you are installing / upgrading APF, grab the tar.gz file, unzip it, then cd files and modify the files right then and there. Add your IP to the safe list, as well as any servers you might have so that you can at least SSH through them into the beast. You can remove these if required after the install is successful. If you aren't comfortable w/ working with APF then perhaps consider hireing someone to look after that for you, at least utnill you get the hang of things.