The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log 24 hrs vs monthly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by will72wein, Feb 19, 2010.

1. will72wein

will72wein Member

Hi,

I moved from one WHM server to another. On the old one when I clicked on raw access log download, I would get all the date from the 1st of the month. So if I clicked on it on 20th feb. It would give me 1 to 20th feb of raw access log info. However, on the new one it is only giving me a 24 hr/daily raw log file. How do I change it to monthly rotation. In WHM there is a section for rotating after 300mb but nothing about monthly. There is another section that seems to be about processing logs for awstat/webalizer that says process 24 hrs.. it only takes input in hours... so i doubt this is the place to specify 24*30 hours...??

2. BuffaloWeb

BuffaloWeb Well-Known Member

good question - can anyone answer?

3. A1Elements

A1Elements Member

Same question here, waiting for an advise.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    By default the domain access logs, from Apache/httpd, will be processed for statistics every 24 hours and upon completion each log is then cleared for the day as the information is available in stats (via cPanel: Main >> Logs). It is possible to have domain logs kept until the end of the month by disabling the option that clears them after each stats run; this behavior can be toggled using WebHost Manager (WHM) via the following menu path: WHM: Main >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> Stats and Logs >> Delete each domain’s access logs after stats run