Log directly into Roundcube webmail?

Jare

Sep 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This thread is for continuing an old discussion, so please start by reading the old topic: Own domain that goes directly to Roundcube webmail?

I would like to check if there has been any development on cPanel that would address this issue during the past two years? Basically the issue feels very simple and I think that something like this should work:

Put to Apache's configuration:
Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.my-custom-domain-for-roundcube.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/"
</VirtualHost>
However, this will just show up the "SORRY!" page on browser when visiting www.my-custom-domain-for-roundcube.com . I don't event know to which error log file this gets logged if it gets logged at all.

Thanks for your support!

Jare

Sep 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand your reply. I'm getting some kind of server error message when I'm visiting the custom domain that should be used for the webmail.

Please note that I am able to log into the webmail via the cPanel interface, but that's not my goal. My goal is to provide a separate domain for my customers so that they can directly login to RoundCube without first logging in into their cPanel account. Also, I'm using a paid SSL sertificate for this domain so I need to make it so that all customers use the same domain (not their own specific domains used by their home pages) to access the webmail.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

There was a feature request for this functionality in the past at:

Allow direct access to RoundCube, without port and cPanel WebMail login

It was determined that support for this functionality was not planned:

The roundcube installation we provide is for hosting on the internal cpsrvd web server. By design it is not intended for general access, or via Apache. If you want to use Roundcube without the integration with cPanel & WHM you'll need to install your own version in an appropriate document root.
You'd have to install your own custom version of Roundcube on a website and then provide customers with the URL to that installation.

Thank you.