Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log directly into Roundcube webmail?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jare, Mar 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jare

Jare Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This thread is for continuing an old discussion, so please start by reading the old topic: Own domain that goes directly to Roundcube webmail?

I would like to check if there has been any development on cPanel that would address this issue during the past two years? Basically the issue feels very simple and I think that something like this should work:

Put to Apache's configuration:
    Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName www.my-custom-domain-for-roundcube.com
        DocumentRoot "/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/"
    </VirtualHost>

However, this will just show up the "SORRY!" page on browser when visiting www.my-custom-domain-for-roundcube.com . I don't event know to which error log file this gets logged if it gets logged at all.

Thanks for your support!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you not being sent directly to your inbox on your next visit to Webmail as expected?

3. Jare

Jare Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand your reply. I'm getting some kind of server error message when I'm visiting the custom domain that should be used for the webmail.

Please note that I am able to log into the webmail via the cPanel interface, but that's not my goal. My goal is to provide a separate domain for my customers so that they can directly login to RoundCube without first logging in into their cPanel account. Also, I'm using a paid SSL sertificate for this domain so I need to make it so that all customers use the same domain (not their own specific domains used by their home pages) to access the webmail.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There was a feature request for this functionality in the past at:

Allow direct access to RoundCube, without port and cPanel WebMail login

It was determined that support for this functionality was not planned:

You'd have to install your own custom version of Roundcube on a website and then provide customers with the URL to that installation.

Thank you.