The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log File Location

Discussion in 'Security' started by coderoyal, Apr 19, 2012.

1. coderoyal

coderoyal Well-Known Member

Hi! I am hoping someone can help me with this question.

I searched around for an answer and I admit it's answered often, but I'm confused nevertheless.

I'm trying to find the log file which cPanel records changes to accounts. The common answer is to look at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log

I looked at this file, and while the information may be included in this file, I remember there being a log file in cPanel that recorded the information in a much more simpler format. I have a printout of a copy I printed from it and it looks more like in the log file:

Wed Sep 29 2010:CREATE:root:root:anastasiasidorova.ru:66.186.176.231:sidorova
    Wed Sep 20 2010:CHANGEOWNER:root:root:anastasiasidorova.ru:sidorova:root:yang

The log file which records information in this format is the one I'm looking for and I cant remember where it is stored.

Can anyone tell me the location?

Thanks!
    Alan

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think you are looking for accounting logs that resides under /var/cpanel. File name is accounting.log

3. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Also check out:

posters.cpanel.net