The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TiE_Shepherd, Oct 4, 2005.

1. TiE_Shepherd

TiE_Shepherd Registered

Hi. I just set up a new account for someone. I am hosting their site under my reseller account and also doing the site design and such. I set up an email account for them and gave them their login info.

The problem now is that they are having trouble login into their webmail. When they go to http://yourdomain.com:2095/ they get the log in window and enter the username and password. When they click okay it starts boucing them back and forth between the cpanel error page and the log in window.

Everything works fine from my end and I was able to log in fine from here, but he can't get into his webmail. I'm sure it's just something messed up from his end, but I'm new at this and don't sure exactly what to tell him to try to get it to work.

Is it something dealing with cookies or a security setting or what? Like I said I'm still learning all this stuff and don't want to disapoint this guy, but I don't know what to tell him to look for.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Please make sure that the user put in the full username as the email address.

3. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

4. TiE_Shepherd

TiE_Shepherd Registered

No I don't want them to go to cpanel, just to check there webmail through horde or neomail. I sent them a link to the email login which is http://yourdomain.com:2095/. I made sure they were typing in the whole username and not just the first part. Still no luck.

5. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

Maybe get them to try using the forwarder address, see what that comes up with http://yourdomain.com/webmail

Its basically just a redirect. Can you access their webmail? If so the problem is on their end, probably they have lots of popups or something!

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

As you're a reseller you really ought to be asking your hosting provider as they are in the best place to investigate the issue for you at the server level.

7. TiE_Shepherd

TiE_Shepherd Registered

No, the server has been checked and is fine. I can log in fine from my computer. It's apparently something on his end, just not sure where to tell him to look. I've had him try and few things, but no real luck yet. What would cause him to keep getting bounced back and forth? Would that be a session cookie that's being blocked?

8. carlosferns2004

carlosferns2004 Active Member