Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Log Rotation & Webalizer/Analog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akfallin, Sep 22, 2002.

1. akfallin

akfallin Member

Log Rotation & Webalizer/Analog

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to create my own log rotation settings for a while now. Very few customers of mine have even a knowledge of what a raw log is and could care less about it so by default I want logs to be deleted as soon as they can be. I will setup custom logs for users who want raw logs.

My main question is, does anyone know exactly how webalizer and analog stats programs work in cpanel? I don't want my log rotation to mess webalizer up. How often can I delete the logs without messing up webalizer?

2. rich2

rich2 Well-Known Member

very good question, i would like to know this as well, i wish cpanel would just give us more options for log rotation... i am sure lots more people need this... :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZachICU

ZachICU Well-Known Member

Any input on the best way to manually rotate the logs would be great as well.

Thanks
    Zach