The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logaholic DB

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by srpurdy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. srpurdy

srpurdy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I was running edge for awhile. On one of my servers Logaholic got enabled by default when I installed edge. This was quite some time back and on the second server it seems that bug was fixed. I've disabled it, but I still have a giant DB that I just want to delete is it safe to delete this db? All these Logaholic indexes for example load in mysql memory. So it's obviously a waste of memory. It's not a huge issue, just don't like wasting memory. :)

Thanks
    Shawn

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Shawn,

While you could remove the database if you no longer wish to use logaholics any longer, I would suggest backing it up prior to making any changes at all just in case:

Code:
    mysqldump logaholicDB_host > /home/logaholicDB_host.sql
    This will create a backup SQL file in /home called logaholicDB_host.sql in case you need to restore the data for any reason.

3. srpurdy

srpurdy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't break anything in CPanel. I don't really intend on using it right now as it seems a bit overkill for me anyway. :)

Not that I don't appreciate the option of course, it's just so much data when you have a lot of traffic that goes in the db. :D

#3 srpurdy, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012