The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logaholic fails to install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michael_S, Oct 30, 2012.

1. michael_S

michael_S Registered

I enabled logaholic in whm for all users.

When visiting logaholic through cpanel, the only page that loads is this:

And refreshing the page does nothing. Logaholic will not load.

I read that I should remove and reinstall logoholic. I removed the logaholic installation and attempted a reinstallation but the reinstall fails. See the commands and output below:

mv /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/Logaholic /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/Logaholic.bk
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-logaholic --force

The update command returns the following output:

This is the cpanel error_log from running the logaholic update:

And this is the error_log output from trying to load the users logahoic page from cpanel:

Finally, when I check the database server (a remote mysql server - mysql is not local to the logaholic server) there are no databases created for any users under LogaholicDB

So what do I need to do to fix logaholic?

#1 michael_S, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    And with that comment, I think suggesting you open a support ticket about this, the best course of action. My apologies for not having a more complete answer, but opening a ticket will get you one I'm sure.

3. michael_S

michael_S Registered

After some checking the users on the remote mysql server, I found that the user that was created for logaholic did not have access permission from the server it is on. I added the correct user permissions manually from the mysql command line and then did another re-installation of logaholic.

The installation completed successfully this time and all appears to be working properly now.

If anyone else runs into this problem the specific mysql command to add the correct user/permissions that I used is:

Replace YOUR_DB above with the master database for logaholic (usually the subdomain portion of the hostname).

Replace 'remote_host' above with the correct IP or hostname of the server that logaholic is installed on.

Replace 'logaholic_password' with the actual logaholic $config['mysqlpass'] found in /var/cpanel/logaholic/logaholic_api/config.php

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm happy to hear you got this sorted.

Not 100% sure this is directly related, but adding here all the same for cPanel staff. Internal case #61738