The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logaholic Not Processin Logs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackRain, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BlackRain

BlackRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Logaholic Not Processin Logs

After upgrading WHM to WHM 11.32.2 (build 19), I noticed that Logaholics is no longer processing logs for one high traffic domain. All the other domains on the server appear to be updated.

I reinstalled Logaholics and confirmed that my Latest Visitor Stats is indeed updating in real time, yet no more data is being processed.

I tried via the Main >> Server Configuration >> Statistics Software Configuration to force "Process Statistics for User" and nothing happened.

I also made sure that "The server currently is able to keep up with your statistics processing schedule."

Questions:

1) How can I force Logaholics to manually update?
    2) Where can I look for a log of Logaholic errors when there are issues?

#1 BlackRain, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. BlackRain

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Here is the WHM/Cpanel path for Logaholic installs.

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/Logaholic/

3. BlackRain

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I tried to run a manual update via

Code:
    https://mydomain.com:2083/cpsess7339214991/3rdparty/Logaholic/update.php?conf=mydomain.com
    and got this error.

4. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi BlackRain,

If you wish to open a support ticket we can investigate the issue in great deal :)

My gut feeling is that since it's a high traffic site, you running into a bug we resolved earlier in the week (58821: Logaholic fails to show most data after processing stats).

The problem is not that Logaholic failed to parse the domlog, but rather it fails to complete it's internal routines after it is done with the domlog. Logaholic must perform several "summary" type calculations. These calculations are the basis for a large number of the graphs.

The buggy behavior is that Logaholic exhausts all available PHP memory and triggers a fatal PHP error. Unfortunately the error (because it's fatal and cannot be handle correctly by the runtime PHP error handler in the application code) does not get logged properly (58873:Add 'log_errors' directives when firing Logaholic routines).

The good news is that the main (line-by-line domlog) data should be stored in the database and you can still get some aggregate report data based on it and future reports *should* be accurate once the issue is patched in your copy of Logaholic...so all is not lost.

One way to determine if you are having this issue is observe the entries in the table for the affected domain. If the affected domain has never rendered the graphs properly it's straight forward...otherwise you will need to check the count before and after stats are processed.

Here's an example where my high traffic domain is "traffic.com"
    1) Find the Logaholic database ("logaholicDB_$host[$integer]"...I have an old one, so just pick the one with highest $integer)
    2) Find out which table "traffic.com" uses by looking at the "_logaholic_Profiles" table
    3) Count the rows...again, if you've never seen graphs before and there are entries, you're almost certainly hitting bug 58821...if you did have graphs, but don't now, you could be hitting this or possibly a new bug (only way to tell for certain is by analyzing for fatal errors, which is address in bug-fix for 58873)

Code:
    mysql> show databases;
    +------------------------------+
    | Database                     |
    | information_schema           | 
    | cphulkd                      | 
    | eximstats                    | 
    | horde                        | 
    | logaholicDB_david            | 
    | logaholicDB_david36          | 
    16 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> connect logaholicDB_david36;
    Connection id:    190418
    Current database: logaholicDB_david36

mysql> select profileid, profilename from _logaholic_Profiles;
    +-----------+------------------+
    | profileid | profilename      |
    |        17 | dfhljkl233.com   | 
    |        16 | aioeiri21123.net | 
    |        33 | traffic.com      | 
    10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(timestamp) from p33;
    +------------------+
    | count(timestamp) |
    +------------------+
    |          1561068 | 
    +------------------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

If you do this before and after a stats run, you should see the count increase. The increase will be a number close (but certainly not the same) as the number of lines in the domlog...give or take a large number...it's all dependent on the actual contents of the domlog and how Logaholic interprets it...so if you have a domlog with a million lines you should see the count increase by several hundred thousand...not just a few hundred.

(one exception would be if you are re-parsing an old log...Logaholic will skip forward to the last log line it parsed previously...so that count may not be nearly as high as the lines in the domlog if you don't rotate/discard logs after each stats run)

Good News: Both of those issues have been resolved and will be forth coming in the next several days. (likely 11.32.2 build 23 or later).

Best Regards,
    -DavidN

Disclaimer: some may note that my MySQL has been alter from the raw output...nothing nefarious, just expunging noise ;)

#4 cPanelDavidN, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  5. BlackRain

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I followed your instructions and this is what I found when I checked this particular domains Logaholic stats.

Code:
    mysql> select count(timestamp) from p1;
    +------------------+
    | count(timestamp) |
    +------------------+
    |           377244 |
    +------------------+
    1 row in set (0.01 sec)

6. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, you have row data stored, but the graphs are not displaying, correct?...this means that the summary calculation are not being performed. There's a fair chance that you're hitting the bugs that I mentioned. What version of cPanel are you running. 11.32.2 build 23 has been published to the EDGE and CURRENT tiers; it contains the fixes for those bugs.

If you already have the latest build (23) of cPanel 11.32 or wish to have a technician investigate the issue further, please open a support ticket: https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

7. BlackRain

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks David, I am installing the cpanel update now. I will let you know the outcome!

WHM 11.32.2 (build 23)
    CENTOS 5.8 i686 standard on saturn

#7 BlackRain, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012