The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

logging in through php server (no browser involved)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by firexit, Dec 24, 2004.

1. firexit

firexit Active Member

Hello All
    info script lang:php
    the main thing that i am trying to accomplish by all this is to add an ftp account through a php script which will run on my server....(and interact directly with the Cpanel interface)

I am having trouble logging into the cpanel (port 2082) account using the server only...I always get the popup for the username and the password (when i view the output) even though i send the parameters (user and password it) in POST . I have tried Curl functions and Header function in order to achieve this but no luck....

I also saw a script in the forums that does this and accepts the cookie that the cpanel send after the login but it dosent seem to work.

If anyone has a script that does this and is willing to share that would be great...

I also ran into an option in the cpanel that uses the scgi-bin and from i understood i can login from there with a username but i didnt see a bin file that allows me to do that....if there is something like thati would like to have it please.

Does anyone know if Cpanel has a bin file that i can use from my cgi-bin dirr in order to accomplish tasks that can be done with the web interface (just without using the web interface but through the bin file VIA script)

2. SEAL31

SEAL31 Well-Known Member

Not that I can understand half of what you said in that humble of words, but if your tyring to make/use a script to use cPanel, you need to generate a Remote Access Key in WHM.

3. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

4. firexit

firexit Active Member

10x .. ill try it

10x .. ill try it

5. firexit

firexit Active Member

Hello
    Thanks you very much for your reply ...however that is not my intention....

I need to be able to log into the cpanel and store the cookie it send back after he login confirmation ONLY VIA php script that will run on the server and submit the form by itself ....WITHOUT sending the form through a client side browser

php script->cpanel login authentication->recieve cookie by php ->continue to add ftp user ->>logout

i hope this clears up some misunderstoof information from my previous post

Thanks very much in advance