Logging in to cpanel very slow

pulsher

Jan 17, 2005
Hello,

After having some trouble with my server yesterday (nothing worked except for SSH) I rebooted my server and everything seemed to be working fine again. But then I tried to get into cpanel and it took 45 seconds before the first page showed up after logging in - the rest was very fast like always, so it's only the logging in. A few clients have reported having the same problems. WHM and my sites are very fast, just the logging in to cpanel is slow.

Does anyone know what could cause this / how I can fix it?

Thank you,

Thomas Bakker
Pulsher Productions

pshepperd

Feb 12, 2005
Have you checked your process(s), made sure memory and cpu usage is low? What about bandwidth?

pulsher

Jan 17, 2005
pshepperd said:
Have you checked your process(s), made sure memory and cpu usage is low? What about bandwidth?
Everything else is as fast as it can be, WHM, Apache itself, so I don't think that could be it?

pulsher

Jan 17, 2005
Checked processes when loading it, and I found only these two processes running for the user that's logging in:

26305 username 0 0.0 1.6 cpaneld - serving XX.70.123.XXX
26306 username 0 0.0 2.8 /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel ./frontend/x2/index.html

Def

Feb 21, 2003
Apparently cPanel nightly updates introduced a bug last night. Even with manual updates checked off. Anyways, you'll need to /scripts/upcp and restart apache. This worked for me.

checking

Registered
Apr 30, 2005
I'm experiencing the same problem for the last day or two. I ran the update script and restarted apache but it made no difference. Does anyone have any ideas where to go from here?

checking

Registered
Apr 30, 2005
Seems to be resolved now - at a small price. I am assuming an auto update was performed, as the login is real fast now but all the dns entries in named.conf got wiped out with what appears to be a bind upgrade.