The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logging in to cpanel very slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pulsher, May 11, 2005.

1. pulsher

pulsher Member

Hello,

After having some trouble with my server yesterday (nothing worked except for SSH) I rebooted my server and everything seemed to be working fine again. But then I tried to get into cpanel and it took 45 seconds before the first page showed up after logging in - the rest was very fast like always, so it's only the logging in. A few clients have reported having the same problems. WHM and my sites are very fast, just the logging in to cpanel is slow.

Does anyone know what could cause this / how I can fix it?

Thank you,

Thomas Bakker
    Pulsher Productions

2. pshepperd

pshepperd Well-Known Member

Have you checked your process(s), made sure memory and cpu usage is low? What about bandwidth?

3. pulsher

pulsher Member

Everything else is as fast as it can be, WHM, Apache itself, so I don't think that could be it?

4. pulsher

pulsher Member

Checked processes when loading it, and I found only these two processes running for the user that's logging in:

5. Def

Def Well-Known Member

Apparently cPanel nightly updates introduced a bug last night. Even with manual updates checked off. Anyways, you'll need to /scripts/upcp and restart apache. This worked for me.

6. checking

checking Registered

I'm experiencing the same problem for the last day or two. I ran the update script and restarted apache but it made no difference. Does anyone have any ideas where to go from here?

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Try doing a search on the forum, there are remedies that have been suggested before. Try cpanel slow login

8. checking

checking Registered

Seems to be resolved now - at a small price. I am assuming an auto update was performed, as the login is real fast now but all the dns entries in named.conf got wiped out with what appears to be a bind upgrade.