durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi, when you login into cpanel and you get the username wrong, it should zap both the username and the password for the re-attempt.

But this is not what happens for me. After i have submitted both the username and the password and it comes back with an error, all i have to do is correct my username typo and submit and it logs me in.

So the password is being cached or saved somehow and i dont feel that is how it should work. Someone could just type in a password and just keep entering username until they get banned (if that is set up correctly). Otherwise they can just continue to enter usernames until they get one that matches the pw.

If there is a mistake both the username and password need to be zapped, thats how i think it should work. :)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @durangod

I think that's fantastic feedback, and I'm inclined to agree with you. The best place for that would be at https://features.cpanel.net though! If you do open a feature request please provide the link here so others can vote on it.

durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Im guessing they have to log in to see the features page because the link gives me a 401 error...

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Im guessing they have to log in to see the features page because the link gives me a 401 error...
Hi @durangod

Actually, until the feature request is approved it will not display. I'm going to reach out to the Community team today to see if they can take a look at it.

durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Its approved and posted - please see the link in my previous post and vote. Its easy to do and this is a much needed change. :)

Reactions: cPanelLauren