The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

login problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msafty, Jan 7, 2006.

1. msafty

msafty Registered

when i tried to login to the web site by putting the address it didn't log in
    and when i tried to login to the web site by ip address xx.xx.xxx.xx/~the name of the user of the site/ it didn't login.

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Not sure what your issue is .. Do you have the server root password?
    Also did you create the account properly? Is it resolving from with in the server?
    Also did you register the domains?

3. msafty

msafty Registered

i did all this things.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You're going to have to be somewhat more specific here if you are expecting anyone to provide a reasonable solution.

Firstly, could you clarify what you mean by 'login' in the context of your question? Although you use the word 'login' when presenting your question, the wording of your question does not appear to describe the action of logging into anything. Might it be the case that you are actually having issues browsing to a specific website and not actually experiencing a login issue? A little clarification here would help a great deal. And details.

Secondly, could you clarify the exact situation. A brief summary of your question reads "I tried to access a website using the domain name and using ip/~username and neither worked" - this doesn't really say much.

When describing a problem, it is generally best to do so in such a way that allows others to fully understand the nature of the problem without having to ask for further details. Simply saying what doesn't work helps no-one. You should aim to describe your problem as follows:

1) Start by summarising the nature of the problem
    e.g. I am trying to login to the mailbox for bob@example.com and am being refused access.

2) Explain what you do that causes the problem to become apparent
    e.g. I trying to access the mail for bob@example.com via webmail at www.example.com/webmail/. I am prompted for a username and password, which I enter as 'bob@example.com' and 'password'.

3) Explain what happens and contrast this with what you expect to happen
    e.g. Instead of being presented with a list of messages, I am merely presented with the login box again.

4) Finish up by explaining what you've done to try and resolve the issue, therefore allowing others to suggest new options
    e.g. I am sure that I am entering the correct username and password, and have even reset the password through cPanel, all to no avail.