The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peasepud, Nov 23, 2007.

1. peasepud

peasepud Registered

Hi,

Im having problems logging into the WHM on my Virtual Private Server, Ive tried logging in using both :2086 and /WHM but neither works.

Sometimes it displays the username/password prompt to which I enter the details and it then just hangs on trying to contact the website. Other times it doesnt even ask for the details (which makes me think its logged me in previously but cant display the page). No matter how long I leave it though I never receive an error message it purely hangs there.

Ive tried on 3 different machines now so its not a PC problem (although all three are on the same home network so I guess it could be a router problem.

Ive tried switching off the firewall in case it was that but no joy, my hosting company have told me that theres no problem and they can access it straight away.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. bigblue

bigblue Registered

same problem here

hi any one have a idea as i have the same problem as well

logging in to whm as root has slowed down and it it takes 15 min to log in :( all sites on the server still run at full speed so it dont think its not a resources problem on the server

i am using

WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.15.0-R18033
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.5 i686 on virtuozzo - WHM X v3.1.0

thanks in advance for any help

Edit

ok resolved this now just logged in with https://your_ip:2087/ istead of the unsecure http://your_ip:2080/

#2 bigblue, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007