The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login to a user's main email account?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by poppyq, Sep 22, 2004.

1. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

I know we can login to a user's cpanel using their login and root password, but is there a way to get into their email? After doing some research I have found some accounts with upwards of 40,000 emails in those accounts that they're not aware of (was set to default instead of :fail:) Thanks for any info. (I do have their password from their signup and used that and I got to the select neomail or horde screen, but when I tried logging into horde it states the password is incorrect, which makes no sense to me since I logged in to the first part fine).

2. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

nevermind, I tried again and it worked, but it would be interesting to know if this is possible if we don't have their password (but have root password).

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Default account password is the same as the Cpanel default password for that account. if you forget/do not have that - just chnage it in WHM. That will slove the probelm. Also, to clear out the messages you could just SSH in and delete the file inbox from the /home/user/mail/ location. That is a lot easier (and faster) than downloading...

You can also delete (through root) regardless of whether you know the password or not.