Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Login to a user's main email account?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by poppyq, Sep 22, 2004.

1. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

I know we can login to a user's cpanel using their login and root password, but is there a way to get into their email? After doing some research I have found some accounts with upwards of 40,000 emails in those accounts that they're not aware of (was set to default instead of :fail:) Thanks for any info. (I do have their password from their signup and used that and I got to the select neomail or horde screen, but when I tried logging into horde it states the password is incorrect, which makes no sense to me since I logged in to the first part fine).

2. poppyq

poppyq Well-Known Member

nevermind, I tried again and it worked, but it would be interesting to know if this is possible if we don't have their password (but have root password).

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Default account password is the same as the Cpanel default password for that account. if you forget/do not have that - just chnage it in WHM. That will slove the probelm. Also, to clear out the messages you could just SSH in and delete the file inbox from the /home/user/mail/ location. That is a lot easier (and faster) than downloading...

You can also delete (through root) regardless of whether you know the password or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...