The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login with subuser@user instead of

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by wanted4life, Aug 1, 2013.

1. wanted4life

wanted4life Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Romania, bucharest
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello again :) i have another Problem.

I wrote this post:
    Now i have another Problem which i believe any cpanel users would want to fix it.
    There are 3 categories of users
    1 = whm Access
    2 = cpanel Access
    3 = subuser ( the ftp or webdisk users created by cpanel Access.

The Problem is that when i create a subuser, he must always connect with
    As example. If i have added on Server cPanel Inc with user cpanel; and created a subuser callet katerine, she will must use as user Login

Which Looks fine so far.

But i want to offer webdisk from my Server only and most of my Clients don't have a Domain Name or don't want to use a Domain Name on this Server ( i also don't use this Server for nothing (named, http, ftp.. not anything else ).

So i want a solution that subuser can connect to the Server with katerine@cpanel instead of

One of the solution would be if i can create the Domain from whm as cpanel instead but it does not allow me.
    maybe a way to deactivate this verification/

Thank you.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am not aware of any available methods to circumvent the username requirement for Web Disk. The "" requirement is to prevent the same username from being used by multiple users. It's not possible to replace the "" portion with the account username.

Feel free to open a feature request if you would like to see different behavior:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.