The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Login with subuser@user instead of subuser@domain.com

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by wanted4life, Aug 1, 2013.

1. wanted4life

wanted4life Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello again :) i have another Problem.

I wrote this post: http://forums.cpanel.net/f42/modify-webdisk-path-356381.html
    Now i have another Problem which i believe any cpanel users would want to fix it.
    There are 3 categories of users
    1 = whm Access
    2 = cpanel Access
    3 = subuser ( the ftp or webdisk users created by cpanel Access.

The Problem is that when i create a subuser, he must always connect with subuser@domainname.com
    As example. If i have added on Server cPanel Inc with user cpanel; and created a subuser callet katerine, she will must use as user Login katerine@cpanel.net

Which Looks fine so far.

But i want to offer webdisk from my Server only and most of my Clients don't have a Domain Name or don't want to use a Domain Name on this Server ( i also don't use this Server for nothing (named, http, ftp.. not anything else ).

So i want a solution that subuser can connect to the Server with katerine@cpanel instead of katerine@cpanel.net

One of the solution would be if i can create the Domain from whm as cpanel instead cpanel.net but it does not allow me.
    maybe a way to deactivate this verification/

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am not aware of any available methods to circumvent the username requirement for Web Disk. The "user@domain.com" requirement is to prevent the same username from being used by multiple users. It's not possible to replace the "domain.com" portion with the account username.

Feel free to open a feature request if you would like to see different behavior:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.