`joshua`

Dec 23, 2004
Hello All,

On my daily Cpanel updating, I get these errors I am not sure what I should do about them I will paste them below and if anyone had this problem before and fixed it. would you please reply with how you fixed it :

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: Ignoring syslog.rpmorig, because of .rpmorig ending
error: Ignoring mysql.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
error: Ignoring rpm.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
error: Ignoring yum.rpmorig, because of .rpmorig ending
error: Ignoring named.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending

Thank You.

`joshua`

Dec 23, 2004
does anyone have any solution for this?,

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Please be more patient - this is not an official support forum.

You can delete those files from /etc/logrotate.d/ as their of little consequence if log rotation was working fine before your upgraded those rpms.

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
`joshua` said:
On my daily Cpanel updating, I get these errors I am not sure what I should do about them I will paste them below and if anyone had this problem before and fixed it. would you please reply with how you fixed it :

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: Ignoring syslog.rpmorig, because of .rpmorig ending
error: Ignoring mysql.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
error: Ignoring rpm.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
error: Ignoring yum.rpmorig, because of .rpmorig ending
error: Ignoring named.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
Logrotation configuration files are located in the '/etc/logrotate.d' directory. These configuration files will not be written by the system when the logrotate package is updated. Instead it will move the current configuration by changing the extension to '.rpmorig' or it will just place the new configuration in the same directory with the '.rpmnew' extension. Logrotate does not process these files. That is why it is "Ignoring" them. You can either delete these files or replace the current configuration with the .rpmnew configuration files. Hope this helps!