The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logs are way behind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfrench10, Nov 28, 2005.

1. rfrench10

rfrench10 Well-Known Member

How can I get my logs up to date? I have dual xeon CPU's (seen as 4 cpu), 2.0GHZ and dual 160GB drives. I only have 166 clients being hosted and they are not that busy but my logs are way outdated. All the accounts are from 6,204 minutes behind all the way up to 14,048 minutes behind. How can this be????? My stats are set for 24 hours now but had been up to 36 hours, earlier in the month.
    cPanel versions: WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-C29
    Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I presume you're talking about your apache web logs. If so, have you checked the server load? If it's elevated, logrunning will be suspended. To get it going again with a higher server load, up the value for WHM > Tweak Settings > The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended. Also make sure you haven't set a restrictive window in WHM > Statistics Software Configuration > Configure Statistics Processing Times

3. alphawolf

alphawolf Member

I have the same issue and very low server loads. running top shows that stats seem to be sticking on a domain. I rebooted the server tonight and decided to check top again. stats keep re-running on yet a different domain. So I know its not a problem with the particular domain's logs... this just started happening on the 29th.

peace

Wolf