The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logs over 2GB per day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GOT, Jul 17, 2007.

1. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a site that is extremely busy. So much so that htey are generating over 2 GB in logs per day on some days. This obviously causes a problem because even though we have the box checked to purge logs after stats run, with stats running once a day, this really breaks things.

We have forced satts to process more than once a day for this domain both by setting it in whm and also via cron to run manually as often as every four hours. But it seems that no matter how many times stats are run, cpanel will still only purge this log once per day.

If it were up to me we'd turn logging off, however, these folks like their awstats.

Is there some other way to rotate these logs to that awstats will still process them? I do not think that awstats will process .1 and .2 log files, but I could be mistaken.

Any input on this is appreciated.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I have a few servers with the same traffic level, just extreme. What I do is set a cron to runweblogs every 2 hours so there isnt one large task. I never had a problem of bloating logs after that. Also selected to delete access logs after stats run and my number of days to process is at default 1.

At the time of the run, my logs will be about 200 megs every 2 hours. No troubles for the past 8 months.

3. Frimon86

Frimon86 BANNED

Delete the old logs. USe corn to delete all of your old logs

4. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Worked perfectly. Not sure what I did wrong teh first time around, but it is purging the logs like it should. Thank you!

5. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Excellent!